Grounds Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship TIVOLI GROUP LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a large and reputable company. You will work on client's sites and ensure all external areas are maintained to an exceptional standard. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a career in grounds maintenance.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
National minimum wage which will vary depending on your age. The range is £5.28 - £10.42
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
13 Oct 2023
16 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Quality, Health & Safety
- Prompt near miss and accident reporting
- Take responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues as well as members of the public impacted by daily work.
- Carry out point of work risk assessments and site-specific risk assessments based on daily activities to be undertaken
- Adhere to H&S standards at work sites
- Report equipment and machinery faults to Team Leaders
- Promptly report any safety critical training needs or requirements
- Carry out visual vehicle checks, take/report remedial actions
- Use equipment and machinery according to instructions, safety standards and training
2. Financial Control
- Timely notification to Team Leader of PPE and consumable requirements
- Report information to Team Leader regarding 'extra' reactive works undertaken by you/your team
- Accurate submission of timesheets
- Develop working knowledge of client/site requirements and needs in order to identify opportunities for additional sales/work
- Use grounds knowledge to flag any service delivery issues that may impact upon client satisfaction or payment.
- Communicate with Team Leader regarding capacity to complete extra work and improvements to the work schedule/planning to increase productivity and client satisfaction
- Forward notice of absence requests to allow enough time to ensure contractual performance obligations are met.
4. Service Delivery
- Complete documentation relating to work completed
- Report customer complaints/issues to Team Leader promptly
- Responsible for completing daily allocated work as per work schedule and instructions from Team Leader
- Solve customer complaints or escalate as required (according to procedure)
- Proactively communicated with Team Leader regarding machinery/equipment requirements based on forward work schedule
- Have knowledge of and work within the specific requirements of the client site, e.g. security or conduct requirements
- Maintain Tivoli’s corporate image by wearing the correct uniform, displaying your ID card at all times and adhering to the Tivoli code of conduct
- Be aware of the impact of your daily work activities on members of the public and take action as needed e.g. measures to ensure safety and no damage to public property
- Provide on the job assistance and support for seasonal members of staff in order to help them settle into their roles and the Company
- Additional duties dependant on client site
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your training will be provided by both your Employer and Grey Seal Academy. All training is delivered face to face at the workplace either on site or videoconferencing; this includes x1 training session and x1 coaching session per month. You will have access to an online portfolio and virtual learning environment to assist your training and assessment during your programme.
During the Apprenticeship you will learn the following topics:
- Communication; communicate with others, including clients, the public and colleagues, this may require basic IT systems use
- Team working; work alone and as part of a team effectively and recognise how all staff are dependent on each other to meet business objectives
- Health and safety; apply relevant health and safety processes and procedures. Implement specific industry information on hazards relevant to horticultural environments
- Follow safe systems of work and safety information provided by employer. Implement environmental protection policies and procedures
- Environmental; prevent and control local pollution incidents e.g. use of spill kits
- Planting, plant growth and development; care for plants correctly in different environments, including basic irrigation methods, planting methods and identifying plant deficiencies
- Install various soft-landscape materials e.g. shrubs, trees, herbaceous, bedding, grass areas and seed. This will include site preparation, planting, sowing, turfing, preparation of seed beds and mulching
- Soil cultivation; cultivate and improve soils by mechanical methods and by hand, making and amelioration of growing media and soils
- Tools, equipment and machinery; safely use tools e.g. spades, rakes, shovels; equipment e.g. tape measure and spirit level and machinery e.g. pedestrian controlled mowers, hand held strimmer, hedgecutter
- Vegetation control; follow processes and methods of site clearance, using tools and machinery for pruning and vegetation control, including basic turf management
- Follow weed control methods
- Site presentation; work to a specified finish
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship you will gain the following qualifications and Standard:
Horticulture Operative Level 2 Standard
Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3
Use of Pesticides Level 2
Functional Skills in mathematics Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
Functional Skills in English Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential of being taken on permanently after the apprenticeship into a full time position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
GREY SEAL ACADEMY LIMITED
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.