The successful applicant will be working with an experienced carpenter who will start off your journey of carpentry. This apprenticeship will teach everything you need to know with full on-site training and support.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
29 Oct 2023
15 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, skirting boards, and window frames.
- Installation of pre-assembled high specification joinery and furniture.
- Fitting wooden structures, like staircases, partition walls, door sets and associated ironmongery.
- Installing skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards, and shelving, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings).
- Provide support and assistance to one or more skilled carpenters.
- General work assisting the carpenter including site preparation and clearance.
- Maintaining general site tidiness and assisting as directed by the carpenter.
- Learn and practice essential carpentry skills on the job.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme training:
- Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- A knowledge assessment (exam)
- A practical skills assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.