Totley Rise Dental are offering the opportunity for an apprentice to join the team as a dental nurse. We are a busy dental practice, with a supportive and dedicated group. You should naturally be both confident and discreet in working within a clinical environment to provide the highest levels of patient care and chairside support.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
£5.28 initially, after a 12 months it will rise to National Minimum Wage for the Candidates Age Group
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
15 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This role involves meeting and greeting people, providing chair side support to the dentist and general patient record administration.
Reporting to the Practice Manager Duties will include:
- Greeting patients
- Chair side assistance to the dentist during restorative and surgical procedures
- Recording patient's clinical notes on the computer/paper
- Clean and prepare surgery between patients
- You will assist with reception when necessary and routine clerical tasks including handling payments, booking appointments and answering the phone
- Decontamination of instruments to the highest standard
- Work closely with the practice manger, dentists, nurses and other team members
- Attend Charles Clifford Dental Hospital within the duration of the apprenticeship to study dental anatomy, oral diseases, medical emergencies, dental radiography and sterilisation
- You will learn about oral health promotion and preventative dentistry techniques
- Some units will focus on patient care and management and you will cover legal and ethical issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Dental nurse (integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- On completion, the apprentice must register with the General Dental Council as a qualified dental nurse
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion, the Apprentice must register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.