Ocean Freight Forwarding Apprentice DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
DHL Global Forwarding are recruiting for an International Freight Forwarding Apprentice to join the Ocean Freight Department in the Northampton branch. The role will include exporting & importing goods from & to the UK & across the world. This is an amazing opportunity to start your freight forwarding career & earn a recognised qualification.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2023
The annual salary for this role is starting at £14,625 rising to £17,000 in the first 12 months.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Customers’ logistics by arranging the movement of freight via air or ocean and/or road. This can include exporting and importing goods from and to the UK and across the world. The main focus will be working in the Ocean Freight Department.
Key activities can include:
- Develop relationships with customers (internal/external)
- Ensure all customer enquiries are responded to promptly and professionally
- Adhere to customs compliance procedures and documentation
- Ensure each ‘Job File’ is fully and accurately completed
- Work with carriers and handling agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Work with DGF departments on ocean or air freight planning and coordination
- Liaise with DGF transport & warehouse teams on ocean or air freight planning and coordination
- Liaise with overseas offices on ocean or air freight planning and coordination
- Maintain mandatory milestones through the company's freight forwarding system
- Create, manage and maintain the movement of freight
- Update the company’s customer complaints system with all required inputs
- Ensure that all interactions are compliant with DPDHL code of conduct and other compliance requirements e.g. anti-corruption
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist Apprenticeship Standard - Ocean Freight Pathway:
- On the job training delivered by the employer
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeships English and mathematics minimum requirement is Entry Level 3
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings, identifying learning achievements and next steps
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the right candidate, based on your development and performance during the apprenticeship, the aim is that apprentices move into a permanent position within the business towards the end of their fixed term contract – subject to a suitable vacancy being available at that time and in line with the selection process for the role
- We also offer a competitive salary with incremental increases and benefits in line with permanent employees
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent any subject (Grade A - E/Pass Grade) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.