ChriSalon is recruiting for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join their successful team based in Manchester City. Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of hairdressing and become a fully qualified stylists in a vibrant, exciting, and successful salon.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities within the salon include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified Hairdressers with shampooing, providing treatments, blow-drying etc.
- After relevant training, some basic cutting and styling will be involved in this role. This will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will train with Michaeljohn Training School, a multi-award-winning training provider with over 40 years of experience in the hairdressing and barbering industry
- Our team of dedicated educators are highly skilled hair professionals who continue to work in some of the industry’s most reputable salons
- You will achieve Level 2 Diploma for Hairdressing Professional and Functional skills in maths and English (if needed)
- Our academy - with 4 floors of salons and learning zones - is the ideal environment to learn hairdressing and barbering; you will attend one day per week on day release from your employer
- We only work on live models for training and assessments purposes, giving you real life salon experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning (on average) salaries of £25,000+ once qualified
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, work mobile, work abroad, work on model runways and cruise ships - the opportunities are endless
- Progression to a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional or Level 2 Barbering Professional Standard
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Michaeljohn Training School
0161 819 2552
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.