Production chefs will be working with centrally developed standardised recipes and menus, producing food in high volumes. You will learn how to prepare multiple items from the menu from scratch, whilst maintaining excellent standards of hygiene.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
We offer a fun and inclusive working environment at £10.42 per hour for our apprentices! We don’t believe in paying a lower rate just because you are learning!
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
15 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Preparing multiple items from the menu from scratch
- Learning to run the pass
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- Ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- Produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- Adapt and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- Use specialist kitchen equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Apprentice will complete apprenticeship within the hotel with external tutors attending online training and in person workshops.
- Apprentice will have the opportunity to enrol into the level 3 senior production chef apprenticeship once the level 2 is complete.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Level 3 senior production chef apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2 or E) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DAISHS ABBEY LAWN LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.