Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship at College Way Surgery, Taunton COLLEGE WAY SURGERY PRACTICE MANAGER
To work with secretarial and other office staff providing a comprehensive service to the doctors and nurses. Accurately recording patient data using clinical software and working with the data team, running searches on our clinical software for patient recalls and population health management.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Actual salary will be dependent on the applicants age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will supported by the team to learn the responsibilities of the job role. Full training will be provided on all software and office systems.
The following are the core responsibilities:
- Typing letters, reports and associated documentation as required, using Lexacom Digital Dictation software
- Liaising with external agencies such as hospitals and community services, ensuring referrals are processed efficiently
- Maintain an accurate referral database
- Process calling letters as requested
- Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patient’s healthcare records
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Process referrals using the electronic referral system (ERS)
- Process requests for information i.e., Subject Access Requests (SAR), insurance / solicitor’s letters and DVLA forms
- Read code data on EMIS Web clinical software
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Respond to administrative queries as necessary
- Carry out system searches as requested
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Support all clinical staff with general administrative tasks as requested
- To be mindful of patient welfare and report any safeguarding concerns to your line manager or the Practice Safeguarding Lead
You will be entitles to a number of staff benefits including:
- Enrolment into the NHS Pension Scheme from your start date
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Free uniform
- Free onsite parking
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge Test; Professional Discussion: Presentation/Q&A
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression within the practice team is encouraged
- The practice is a member of Taunton Central Primary Care Network (5 practices working collaboratively) offering varied career development opportunities
- All our staff have access to E-Learning and will be expected to complete mandatory training modules
- There will also be access to additional optional online training modules
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.