Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Luton ABL 1 Touch
Want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? ABL 1touch are offering an opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their bodyshop in Luton. You will get the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles, repairing all elements of a vehicle after it has sustained some sort of damage.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2023
Commencing 2nd year wage goes up depending age.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
18 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has incurred some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition. These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn remove and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques, sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat and lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
Some of your duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The programme for the Multi-Skill Accident Repair Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
- Multi-Skill Accident Repair Standard - Level 3.
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of apprenticeship, the role holder will continue to develop their skills and abilities through ongoing continuous improvement, with the potential to develop into a multi skilled 1 Touch Technician role, MET, Panel or Paint role, with earning potential in line with productivity.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ABL 1 Touch
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.