Apprentice Medical Administrator DRS GOLLINGS, PRESTON, HALL, CRACKETT AND HUBBARD
We are looking to recruit a dynamic apprentice that we can invest time in and train up to become a Medical Administrator with a view to a permanent position. The successful candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills. Administrative tasks will be carried out. Scanning and checking post, cover reception, when necessary, plus more.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
28 Sep 2023
11 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Scanning and checking post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Undertaking the ordering of patient’s prescription requests
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person
- Deal with visits requests
- Appropriate use of Care Navigation
- Registrations of new patients - computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address - computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with Practice guidelines. Clear rooms after surgeries when appropriate
- Ensure building security - have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm
- Make coffee for doctors
- Will be required to work from more than one surgery location on a weekly rota system
- Any other tasks allocated by managers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Monthly workshops to Access Training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a member of the team on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DRS GOLLINGS, PRESTON, HALL, CRACKETT AND HUBBARD
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.