We are looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice for our busy salon in Gloucester to learn the skills to become a hairdressing professional. You will carry out salon assistant duties whilst learning working behaviours, consultation/client care, shampoo & conditioning, style & setting hair up, cutting and colour hair- with weekly in-house training.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Oct 2023
11 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- You will be learning and supporting the salon, receiving training weekly and working towards your apprenticeship, helping with the day to day running of the salon, learning the skills needed to become a stylist
- Maintaining health and safety in the salon, keeping tidy
- Reception work
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Block work, blow dry
- Assisting and shadowing stylists
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards your Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- On-the-job training, with one day a week at Gloucester Salon for continued training
- Receiving regular visits from your tutor throughout the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Move on to become a Senior Stylist with Management Potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
UK TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.