Outdoor Activity and Nature Play Apprentice THE OUTDOOR CLUB CIC
Passionate about working in the outdoors? With participants from babies to adults? This role will give you all the tools and experience to run sessions that focus on connecting people with the outdoors and each other. You’ll lead sessions ranging from outdoor play to environmental education, working with individuals, families, schools and groups.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Subject to the right candidate, once required qualifications have been completed there may be the potential for additional work and employment in addition to the apprenticeship, as well as regular pay reviews.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 24
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Each week you’ll be leading sessions including:
- Toddler Nature Play sessions AM/PM
- The Outdoor Club After School clubs
- Outdoor Cuppa Clubs – Adult Sessions
- Baby Club sessions
- Monthly Saturday sessions at the local nature reserve – land management and cuppa club combined
- Holiday sessions – these include a variety of activities including nature play, bushcraft, tool use, environmental education and provide an opportunity for families to connect in the outdoors.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Session preparation: Writing sessions plans to meet client needs, purchasing of resources, setting up of equipment
- Delivering sessions: This will include outdoor play sessions for pre-schoolers, after school clubs for local schools, to supporting our local community spaces
- Maintenance of resources, equipment and venues
- Representing the company at community events
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Tasks and training will vary each week, however, there will be days throughout the week where you will be given time to complete qualifications and training. For formal external qualifications and training, you’ll be released from usual duties to complete these.
You’ll receive a combination of formal qualifications and in house training, including but not limited to:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Outdoor Activities
- Level 3 in First Aid for Mental Health
- First Aid Training
- Food Hygiene
- Data Protection
- Lone Working
- Risk Management Training
Functional skills in maths and English (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into senior instructor/centre manager, playworker, teaching assistant, business owner.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2 or E) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.