We are working at schools, care homes, commercial buildings and undertaking the decoration and protection of buildings. If you would like to learn in a fast-paced, professional, and friendly environment please contact us now. We offer plenty of opportunities for our apprentice to gain new skills and work alongside highly qualified individuals.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
11 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Few of the tasks, duties, and responsibilities we want you to learn and undertake to include:
- Applying paint or other materials such as stains, lacquer or varnish using brushes, rollers, or spray equipment
- Preparing and cleaning surfaces
- Removing old wallpaper and paint
- Repairing cracks and holes in walls
- Mixing and thinning paint
- Measuring, cutting, and applying wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Fire door and frames decoration
- Building and installing scaffolding
- Advising customers on colour selection and choice of wall covering
- Providing cost estimates
- Reading specifications to determine required materials
- Driving Licence
- Good communications skills (both internal and external)
- Certain initial (basic) knowledge of the trade preferable
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- One day a week theory and practice in Langley College, Langley
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future prospects for our apprentice will be a permanent employment by our company, unless the person would like to sign up for a higher apprenticeship, in which case we will be happy to consider also.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.