We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to prepare, cook and serve food for variety of meals for guests attending events such as conferences, business meetings and private functions at Wilton Park, and to provide general support and assistance within the kitchen.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
16 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work as part of a team of chefs at Wilton Park, providing a full range of meals for guests attending events at Wiston House, including:
- Preparation, cooking and serving of food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, afternoon teas, buffets, banqueting dinners and BBQs
- Taking consideration for guests’ special dietary requirements, including religious diets, allergens, food intolerance diets
- Monitor the temperature, quality and portion size of all food served from the kitchen areas
- Ensure that all food leaving the kitchen is prepared and served to the pre-agreed consistent high standards
- Ensure the effective control of refrigeration and dry store goods to ensure food safety and reduce waste
- Comply with local health and safety requirements
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship (GCSE)
- On the job training provided by employer and team members
- Full study package available
- Working in conjunction day release with Chichester College
Mandatory – 20% off the job training
Apprentices are allocated a Tutor, who visits the apprentice in the workplace every four weeks
The apprenticeship is made up of the following:
Standard (Level 2) - this is where the apprentice demonstrates they have the knowledge, behaviours and skills to meet the criteria of the standard:
- Functional Skills - if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking & Listening) and maths
- Assessment of this qualification will be by an “Synoptic End Point Assessment” and will be graded “Pass” or “Distinction”.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further their career progression at Wilton Park
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (A*-C)) Desired
Other Food Hygiene Certificate (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CHICHESTER COLLEGE GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.