An Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant is required. Your main responsibilities will be ensuring the smooth running of the dispensary, dispensing medication effectively and safely, managing stock levels and be another expert for our customers to talk to, providing healthcare advice and services at the counter.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
£5.50 per hour for 16-18. £6.50 per hour for 19+.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
10 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Assisting in processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role for the right person
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.