Insurance Broker Apprenticeship DAVID ROBERTS AND PARTNERS YORK LTD
Exciting opportunity to break into the insurance industry! You will complete a variety of tasks from building and maintaining client relations to advising clients in respect of claims. No prior experience is required. You will be given appropriate support and supervision to both carry out your job role and complete the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
£13k to £15k depending on skills and experience
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
10 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Insurance Broker, you will need to complete a variety of tasks including:
- Build and maintain ongoing relations with clients
- Take information from clients, to enable assessment of their insurance needs and risk profile
- Research insurance companies’ policies and negotiate to find the most suitable cover
- Ensure that clients understand the terms and cover provided
- Manage client needs throughout the policy life to include any amendments
- Advise clients in respect of claims and how to mitigate risk
- Support team members with managing their client base and answering customer queries via telephone and email
No prior experience is required. You will be given appropriate support and supervision to both carry out your job role and complete the apprenticeship.
With further training and career development opportunities available, this is a really exciting time to join our business and build a long and successful career within the insurance industry.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Insurance Practitioner Level 3:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioner
- Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
• Claims Handler/Loss Adjuster
• Assistant Underwriter
• Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As part of the wider DR&P Group (271 employees), there is great scope for career progression within the business, in various roles and capacities. The business continues to grow at pace and is very keen to promote from within. The successful candidate will form part of a cohort, along with other apprentices within the group, so there will be a community of learners, supporting each other, as well as having access to a mentor onsite. The group will be running its own internal networking events for the learners, and will be providing additional learning and development opportunities, alongside the apprenticeship with skills edge.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
SKILLS EDGE TRAINING LTD
0333 358 3559
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.