Pharmacy Dispenser Apprenticeship - Citywide Health (Tower Court Pharmacy) Citywide Health
Your apprenticeship will involve working alongside our qualified dispensing team, learning how to become a Pharmacy Dispenser. Our 18-month apprenticeship will gain a specialised certificate which is a requirement to work in any pharmacy. Duties include dispensing medication and supporting with housekeeping duties such as stock rotation.
Closing date: today
£7.50ph, working up to 40 hours per week
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
09 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Working alongside a fully trained and diverse dispensing team, helping in the prescription process
- Dealing with customer requests and queries, both in person and over the phone
- Liaising with doctor's surgeries and other healthcare professionals
- Completing your coursework in a timely manner
- Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- All the training is on-site, and you do not need to attend off-site college days to complete this Apprenticeship
- An e-learning portfolio plus on-site tutors will help you progress to a Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant standard, which is a requirement to work in any pharmacy in the UK
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression at the end of the apprenticeship can result in promotion within Citywide Health, or opportunities with local hospital or GP practices, or training to become a practicing pharmacist
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.