Apprentice Business Administrator MESSRS P IRVING & SONS LTD
We are a small family business with a busy office needing an enthusiastic and hardworking trainee apprentice to help support existing office staff and company directors with their daily duties. Leaving school and taking a college course in Business Administration or A-Level graduate would be considered for this Apprenticeship role.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
£5.28-£7.49 per hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
13 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Provide help to existing office staff to complete daily duties dealing with basic administration tasks and procedures.
- Switchboard phone answering and message taking
- Weighbridge ticketing for incoming and outgoing loads
- Photocopying and scanning office documents
- Customer sales for firewood and deliveries
- Sorting, recording and handling of PPE for the sawmill staff
- Data entry work for the sage accounting system
- Data collection and input for business weekly and monthly figures
- Stationary sorting, recording and handling
- Learning the goods' inward and outwards process for round and sawn timber
- Handling deliveries to the site of machinery, spare parts, etc
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator qualification to be delivered via one day a week study leave at Kendal College
- Where the apprentice has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they will be supported to do so before taking the end-point assessment
- The role will be based at Sawmill Office, Hutton Roof, Kirkby Lonsdale
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progress to a full-time role with promotion opportunities
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4+) Desired
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.