An exciting opportunity to join the team at PVSL as a trainee welder, undertaking stainless steel pipe and stainless steel frame fabrications in the workshop and installations around the UK for the food and drink industry.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
09 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Under the supervision of our workshop foreman, the candidate will learn how to:
- Tig weld
- Fabricate stainless steel frames & pipework for the food and drink industry
- Bolt together and fit liquid process components such as pumps/ valves and control instruments to pipework and vessels
- Our apprentice will learn how to roll, weld & fabricate stainless steel sheets to form cylindrical tanks & other folded parts
- Under the supervision of the foreman to attend sites to carry out general servicing & installations on site throughout the UK
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Completion of Engineering Operative level 2 standard, (pathway Fabrication and Welding).
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills) level 2
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge) level 2
- Functional skills maths and English if required
- Working with qualified staff on-site, with guidance from a subject specific Assessor and college training
- End Point Assessment
- One day per week college day release at Dudley College, Advance II, DY1 4AD
Further on-site training will also be provided:
- Fork lift truck training
- Abrasive wheel training
- Confined space training
- IPAF training
- Ladders & step ladders
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate PVSL will encourage additional qualifications as long as it benefits the company as well as the candidate.
There will be an opportunity in the future to progress to a workshop or site foreman or even project management within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.