Are you looking to start your career in a friendly, office environment earning £10,300 a year? Are you a team player with willingness to help others? Then we have the perfect opportunity! Daily tasks would include welcoming patients/visitors, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and inputting data into patient healthcare records.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
08 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The following are the core responsibilities of the administration assistant. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail
- File and store records as required
- Photocopy documentation as required
- Process and distribute incoming faxes
- The processing of changes to patient registration, deduction of records and new patient registration
- Input data into the patient's healthcare records as necessary
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Welcome patients and visitors to the practice, directing requests appropriately
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Support all clinical staff with general administrative tasks as requested
In addition to the primary responsibilities, the medical administrator may be requested to:
- Partake in audit as directed by the audit lead
- Support reception staff, providing cover during staff absences
- Book appointments
- Complete opening and closing procedures in accordance with the duty rota
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Inhouse training to be provided by the employer
- Functional skills in maths and English to be provided by the training provider if needed
- Business Administration Level 3 qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to progress on to a full time role with the employer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
0191 229 9725
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.