The apprentice will learn how to use hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with bricklaying. You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs and be prepared to do some labouring to assist your supervisor whilst on site.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Nov 2023
07 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Apply bricks, blocks and pavers
- Cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs
- General labouring
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Bricklayer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard includes:
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our skills group training centre for one day per week
- All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer
- You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated skills group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training
Whilst at the skills group training centre, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory-based, whilst the rest will be practical.
You will develop your hand skills, carry out brick and block work, learn the correct use of specific tools, carry out pointing and learn mortar ratio mixes under the guidance of your assessor. Learning all these additional skills will benefit you on returning to the employer.
As an additional qualification, you will also achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
As part of your apprenticeship skills group will also support you to complete your online CSCS test, which will enable you to apply for your CSCS Card. This shows that you are at the required competency level to carry out site work with the employer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of your Level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity to apply for a full-time post may be offered to the right learner
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
AAM WOODLAND BUILDING CONTRA
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.