Teaching Assistant Apprentice Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
To work under the direction of the lead TA, or the headteacher, to support teaching and learning usually within the classroom to maximise the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school. This may be done in the form of one-to-one support, working with small groups or the whole class.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
04 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist the class teacher to plan, differentiate and prepare intervention strategies to improve learning for specific pupils
- To monitor progress against these targets, planning and implementing further strategies as required
- Provide support to individuals and groups, enabling them to access the curriculum, whilst monitoring progress and responding to challenges as they arise
- To keep parents, carers, families, and the Lead TA fully informed of developments and plans
Support the pupil by:
- Undertaking learning activities with either individuals or groups of children to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development
- Developing their key curriculum skills by having an awareness of individual needs, targets and the support required to assist the pupils’ development
- Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with the pupils by communicating effectively, allowing them to feel valued and listened to and encouraging questions and ideas
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with specific needs, while promoting and reinforcing the child’s self-esteem
Support the teacher by:
- Providing support for learning activities by monitoring the effectiveness of activities in promoting pupils’ learning and modifying these where necessary
- Monitoring individual children’s needs, maintaining records of the pupils’ development and reporting these to their designated supervisor as appropriate
- Providing general support to the teacher in the management of pupils in the classroom and on educational visits
Support the school by:
- Demonstrating a willingness to keep up to date with professional practices by maintaining an understanding of the requirements of the role
- Being aware of school’s policies and procedures
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/schoolwork and to keep confidences as appropriate
- Undertaking any other curriculum duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post
- Performing any task or duty under the reasonable direction of the Lead TA or a member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential opportunity for a role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.