We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to pursue butchery as a career choice, in a growing company with several locations in the South. You will be trained in all aspects of butchery and work towards and achieve a Level 2 Qualification in Butchery. Estimate saleable yield and predictive costing methods as required for customers.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
03 Oct 2023
02 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working with our experienced butchery team learning the following:
- Serving customers on the counter
- How to break up carcass meats down to saleable cuts
- Learning the trade of butchery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Butcher Standards Level 2 Qualification
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Health & Safety
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Knife Skills
- Level 1/2 Functional skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We're a growing company and someone with the right skills and attitude, can move into a supervisory or management role within the company. Also, an opportunitity to progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
MEAT EAST ANGLIA TRADES (IPSWICH) LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.