WBM Groundworks Ltd are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Groundworker Apprentice. This varied role will enable you to enhance your career, giving you valuable on-the-job experience whilst working towards an industry recognised qualification.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2023
£7 per hour
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
02 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include but not limited to:
- The principles of health, safety, welfare and environmentally responsible work practices and how they must be applied in relation to the work, self and to others including understanding the principles of risk assessments
- Awareness of environmental and health hazards e.g. Japanese knotweed, asbestos. How to identify contaminated ground conditions and the procedures for working safely on it.
- Understanding drawings, method statements, manufacturers’ information, work schedules and specifications
- The techniques to handle and move loads manually and with mechanical aids including guiding the movement of articulated vehicles, plant and machinery using hand signals, hand signalling equipment and verbal/electronic communication equipment and storing resources safely and securely
- Why, when and how health and safety control equipment should be used when undertaking groundworks (e.g. personal protective equipment (PPE))
- The principles and methods of working within confined space work
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms
- Establishing work area protection
- Locating and excavating to expose buried utility services
- Providing temporary works including excavation support
- The basic principles of internal/external drainage and ducting systems
- Measuring, marking, cutting and installing geo membranes to stabilise soil
- Gauging, mixing, placing, compacting and finishing mortars and concrete
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace
- This will be delivered at Cornwall College Camborne/Duchy College Rosewane one day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There will be support and opportunity to strengthen their knowledge by undertaking further NVQ’s. There may be the opportunity to progress up to management level
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.