Early Years Childcare Practitioner Apprentice Abercromby Nursery School
Would you like to start your career in childcare through an apprenticeship with an “OUTSTANDING” nursery? Then this opportunity could be just what you are looking for! At Abercromby Nursery School we are looking for someone who will help to ensure that all children make the best progress possible.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
01 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work as part of the room team, creating and maintaining an exciting learning environment inside and outside
- Support Teacher in the planning of appropriate learning experiences for children
- To be responsible to the Head Teacher and Class Teacher for the day to day care and education of the children in the Nursery School
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping accident, incident and risk assessment records
- The care and supervision of children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted/Welfare Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- You will have monthly check-in with your dedicated Development Coach
- Apprentices will also attend either monthly online tutorial sessions or they could be face to face on our campus
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of advanced level apprenticeship and progression in the business.
This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent skills for future opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C /4) Desired
About the employer
Abercromby Nursery School
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.