Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician (HGV) - Sapphire Vehicle SAPPHIRE VEHICLE SERVICES LIMITED
Sapphire Vehicle Services is searching for talented people to join our HGV Technician Apprenticeship Scheme to be developed into tomorrow’s best Heavy Vehicle Repair Technicians. After successfully completing the apprenticeship course, you will be a fully qualifies HGV technician.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
£5.81 per hour
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
01 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Technicians will be trained in all aspects of heavy vehicle repair and will include diagnostics using OEM equipment for Mercedes, Scania, DAF & IVECO.
Our HGV Technicians service and maintain all aspects of our modern and varied fleet of heavy goods vehicles, trailers & tail lifts.
Our fully equipped and IRTEC accredited Workshops all have the ability to complete:
- Roller brake tests
- Tacho calibrations
- Air conditioning service/repairs
- Windscreen repair
- Tail lift statutory inspections & weight tests
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To gain a level 3 qualification and become a fully qualified HGV technician
- To gain skills on site and in college to further their development
- 2-week block release at the Stephenson's Campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To complete apprenticeship, gain a level 3 qualification as a HGV technician. With the possibility of career progression to a full-time position with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SAPPHIRE VEHICLE SERVICES LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.