Apprentice Warehouse Operative & Removals Porter INSTANT HOME LTD
This is an important role which ensures that furniture is delivered safely and installed as per the client’s requirements while maintaining a safe, tidy and well-organised warehouse. The successful candidate to be physically fit and would suit someone who completes regular exercise. The lifting of furniture and goods is a physically demanding job.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Oct 2023
01 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Coordinate tasks and workload for all deliveries and collections
- Report any issues or problems to the Senior Warehouse Operative
- Prepare and check outbound customer orders
- Check out all stock items using the handheld device (following training)
- Complete delivery/collection paperwork to a consistently high standard and handle stock with the utmost care at all times
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- General warehouse housekeeping and waste management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be trained in Supply chain operator Level 2 Standard with in-house training to be delivered at work, including safe use of equipment and machinery
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- How to use warehouse systems and processes relating to packaging, moving and receiving stock
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As the Company grows, there will be other career progression opportunities available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 3 or D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
INSTANT HOME LTD
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Supply chain operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.