Middleton Livery are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their friendly team. We are looking for a full time groom to join the team, perfect for someone wanting to start their career in the equine industry. Duties include: mucking out, turning out/bringing in tack cleaning.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- Paddock maintenance
- First aid
- Riding, hacking and leading
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Assisting at shows and events
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards achieving the Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship
- You will also work towards your level 1 or 2 maths or English Functional Skills qualification if required
- All training will be done at the employers premises with the employer and Haddon Training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of progression on to the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom apprenticeship or full time employment on completion of Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.