A fantastic apprentice opportunity has arisen for someone wanting to start a career in finance, at a leading company – Pyrocel Limited. The apprentice will be part of a friendly and professional team and will enjoy a varied and rewarding role. The purpose of this role is to assist with the accountancy provision for the business.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
31 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The position will involve accurate data entry for accounting purposes along with sales ledger and credit control, whilst also ensuring responsive administrative support to the main accounts/admin office which in turns supports the organisation as a whole.
Main duties include:
- Assisting with general accounts data entry
- Assisting accounts supervisor with journal entries
- Use of computerised accountancy software such as Sage Line 50 accounts
- Sales ledger including distributing sales invoices, sending statements, and credit control
- Dealing with expenses and credit card receipt processing
- General admin support: distributing and logging emails, typing letters, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Ordering stationery via a purchase order system on a normal weekly cycle, ad hoc ordering as & when required
- Servicing training and meeting requirements
- Answering telephone internally/externally including dealing with difficult situations. This must be in a timely manner and ensuring a positive corporate image
- Reception Function
- Assisting in stores as and when required
Applicants should have good IT skills and be keen to learn, also be able to work off own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
Probationary period applies.
The training you will be getting
- Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Ongoing training and development will be provided and the opportunity for duties to progress
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.