A fantastic apprentice opportunity has arisen for someone wanting to start a career in finance, at a leading company – Pyrocel Limited. The apprentice will be part of a friendly and professional team and will enjoy a varied and rewarding role. The purpose of this role is to assist with the accountancy provision for the business.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position will involve accurate data entry for accounting purposes along with sales ledger and credit control, whilst also ensuring responsive administrative support to the main accounts/admin office which in turns supports the organisation as a whole.
Main duties include:
- Assisting with general accounts data entry
- Assisting accounts supervisor with journal entries
- Use of computerised accountancy software such as Sage Line 50 accounts
- Sales ledger including distributing sales invoices, sending statements, and credit control
- Dealing with expenses and credit card receipt processing
- General admin support: distributing and logging emails, typing letters, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Ordering stationery via a purchase order system on a normal weekly cycle, ad hoc ordering as & when required
- Servicing training and meeting requirements
- Answering telephone internally/externally including dealing with difficult situations. This must be in a timely manner and ensuring a positive corporate image
- Reception Function
- Assisting in stores as and when required
Applicants should have good IT skills and be keen to learn, also be able to work off own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
Probationary period applies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Accounts or Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ongoing training and development will be provided and the opportunity for duties to progress
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.