Engineering Electrical/Mechanical Fitter (High Voltage Electrical Equipment) Engineer Apprentice POWERSERVE UK LIMITED
To undertake a Mechanical/Electrical Fitting programme of training within the workshop and office facilities of the company’s premises as well as working under supervision on our clients’ sites throughout the United Kingdom. The successful applicant will benefit from specialist training in the use of tools, equipment, processes and techniques.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2023
The wage range will be between £9,646 - £12,740
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
20 Nov 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include the following on a day to day basis:-
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of hand and machine tools.
- Learn and becoming proficient in fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand and machine tools and marking out in accordance with the company’s drawings, specifications and processes.
- Measuring and inspection techniques using a variety of equipment.
- Training on and becoming proficient on the company’s computer systems and assisting where appropriate with general office and administration duties.
- Carrying out tasks and duties as determined by the Company Directors, Office Manager and appointed contractors to the required levels of performance and competence.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Harlow College offers 2 different routes through the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Mechatronics (Knowledge)
You will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Competence) - Mechatronics
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Machining/Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Subject to the satisfactory development of the successful candidate, completion of the apprenticeship (including college course) and the continued growth of the company, we would hope to be able to offer a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.