This is an exciting position to join a small bespoke team creating high end quality furnishings for a variety of establishments. The role of the curtain and blind apprentice will be to assist the workroom team in manufacturing curtains and blinds for top interior designers in the UK and abroad. Duties include following and updating job sheets cutting and joining fabrics and linings and measuring and constructing blind linings.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
All employees benefit from the company bonus scheme. Staff discounts on fabrics and drapery hardware. 28 days holiday per year, including bank holidays. Free one-site parking. Quarterly reviews carried out, could lead to pay rise.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Following and updating job sheets (specifications)
- Cutting and joining fabrics and linings
- Pattern matching fabrics
- Measuring and constructing blind linings
- Machine and hand finishing/packaging
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards the Level 2 Sewing Machinist Apprenticeship Standard
- You may need to undertake Functional Skills at level 2 in maths and English (exemptions apply)
This is an 18 month training programme and an additional 3 months for the End Point Assessment. This may differ depending on prior experience.
All the training for the college be within the workplace, where a dedicated assessor will visit you on a regular basis to set targets, go through coursework, carry out reviews and observations.
All off the Job training evidence will be completed within the workplace and logged on to your e-portfolio.
An initial maths and English assessment to be completed at the beginning of training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Long-term employment is available for the right candidate
- Opportunities for progression within the company are encouraged and the company always looks to promote internal candidates before advertising externally
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE BOYS WHO SEW LTD
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.