Estimating and Sales Business Apprentice MDA CONTRACTS LTD
This is a varied role giving different people the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of construction, initially within the Estimating and Sales team, in order to develop a good product and technical background as well as develop their commercial acumen.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Mar 2024
31 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
MDA Contracts are a specialist flooring contractor in an exciting phase of growth looking for an enthusiastic young individual ready to take their first steps in their professional career within the construction industry.
This will be a varied role, giving the individual an opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of construction initially within the Estimating and Sales team, in order to develop a good product and technical background as well as develop their commercial acumen.
We will provide all the necessary training and support to help develop them, with ongoing continuous professional development, so that in time they can become a specialist within this niche sector and add real value to the business.
- Liaise with the Estimating Manager and Sales team to prioritise tenders and produce tender files, both electronically and in hard copy
- Liaising with the client team to ensure program dates are obtained
- Logging tenders on ensuring that specification and programme information is noted
- Ensure all the latest relevant documentation including drawings, specifications and scope is downloaded from client web portals (BIW etc.), saved to the project folder electronically and printed relevant documents as required
- Produce working folders for estimators and ensure the filing system is up to date
- Assist with digitising drawings to ascertain quantities and layout.
Assisting other departments as and when required
- To develop an understanding of the different floor finishes and associated accessories and their relevant suppliers
- Provide reception cover for receptionist (phones, post and facilities where required)
- Assist with archiving and other general administrative duties as and when required
Later, there will be opportunities to progress within the team as an Apprentice Estimator or Apprentice Sales Manager or within other areas of the business including Pre-Construction, Operations, Commercial or Finance.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Business Administrator
This will include:
- City & Guilds combined knowledge and competency-based qualification
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- The program is based on end point assessment
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There will be the opportunity for the right individual to progress following a successful apprenticeship into a full-time position within the Estimating and Sales team or other area of our business
- We also intend to offer additional education and training opportunities for the individual in order to help them become successful in their role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.