Apprentice Teaching Assistant, working with students aged 16- 24 years on a Study Programme. WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
WBTC are a training provider, as well as offering apprenticeships we run a Study Programme for Students aged 16 - 24, who are looking for support in progressing to their next steps. As an apprentice Teaching Assistant you would support the small classes covering a varied curriculum including Functional Skills maths and English and Work Skills.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 19
Possible start date
29 Sep 2023
01 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support tutors with classroom delivery as required, engaging with learners who need support in a classroom setting or 121
- Reinforce lessons presented by the classroom teacher by reviewing material with students individually or in groups
- Provide additional learning support to learners where identified
- Develop learning programmes for individual needs and adapt appropriate materials accordingly
- Deliver customised learning activities to learners either individually or in groups
- Monitor and support the social and emotional needs of learners appropriately
- Assist with the development of lesson plans and learning materials to meet curriculum requirements and individual learner needs
- Manage allocated learners and complete all necessary paperwork including tracking progress made and feeding this into the overall monitoring system.
- Liaise with relevant Colleagues to ensure all are kept informed of learner progress.
- Contribute to the development of the programme curriculum where applicable to ensure it satisfies the needs of individual learners and meets the programme requirements
- Help tutors prepare for lessons by getting materials ready, setting up equipment and arranging the classroom environment
- Assist the tutor in directly observing and recording behaviour
- Help maintain order in the classroom by ensuring students adhere to the behaviour code of conduct
- Maintain the learning environment in an organised and orderly manner to ensure an optimal learning experience
- Create displays of the learners’ work and other classroom displays
- Assist with other programmes as directed by the Executive Leadership Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will work towards the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard. This will be one day a month group remote training that is tutor led, and a 1-1 monthly training review.
Functional skills maths and English are delivered at our training centre in Newbury, weekly if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
WBTC encourage on-going training and development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.