Apprentice Finance Assistant NEXUS EDUCATION SCHOOLS TRUST
To provide financial support to the Central Team and partner schools, whilst ensuring that Trust financial processes and procedures are followed. The role will be line managed and supported by the Head of Hub Finance.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
12 Oct 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working independently or with the finance staff within the partner schools and the Central Team to ensure efficient processing of financial transactions in accordance with the Trust’s Finance Policies and Procedures and the NEST Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions for partner schools and the Central Team within approved budget parameters.
- To support with central financial processes.
- Ensuring all financial administration is completed in a timely manner.
- Supporting efficient and effective financial administration processes across the trust.
- Supporting partner schools with financial queries, providing excellent customer service to partner schools.
- These duties may be amended from time to time by the line manager in consultation with the post holder.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade as appropriate.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant
- Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- Training one day a week at Orpington campus
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potentially progress onto level 3
- To be discussed upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NEXUS EDUCATION SCHOOLS TRUST
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.