This vacancy is for a Business Administrator Apprentice based in Preston. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to support the business with general administrative duties as well as other ad-hoc duties defined by management.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working within the Accounts Department of a growing Local Fuel Supplier & National Distributor, you will be
supporting and be part of the Accounts team, you may also be expected to provide Admin support to the Sales
Team when required. We are based in a semi rural location and therefore transport / access to public transport is
an essential consideration for applicants.
During your Apprenticeship you can expect to be involved in the following duties with varying degrees of frequency:
- Learning about the companies mission and available products/services
- Processing of Customer Orders and Maintaining Customer Data Database
- Inputting figures accurately to create customer Invoices
- Emails Outbound, both with and without attachments
- Emails Inbound, manage and distribute a high volume of emails ensuring they are distributed and
- Utilising spreadsheets to manage and manipulate data.
- Deal with Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- Handle cash payments, creating receipts and posting of payments
- Telephone calls inbound and outbound
- Ordering and monitoring of stationery stocks
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Being willing and ready to take on other administrative tasks that are required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, QCF.
- (Functional Skills, Level 2 - maths, English - if not already achieved).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position and an opportunity to develop in different departments and upskill EG HGV license or sales team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
COMPASS FUELS OILS LTD
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.