Apprentice Seasonal Department Assistant Brookfields Garden Centre
Brookfield’s Garden Centre is seeking a Retail Assistant for its Outdoor Living and Christmas department. These are interesting and varied roles, focusing on outdoor living products such as Garden Furniture, Barbecues / accessories and Christmas.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2023
Staff uniform provided. Gym membership for David Lloyd Nottingham. Automatic enrolment in Pension scheme with opt-out facility.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Sep 2023
27 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role includes:
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- Ensure customers have the best shopping experience
- Till cover when required
- Contribute towards ensuring department sales targets are achieved
- Excellent product knowledge in order to advise and answer customer queries
- Encourage customers to make purchases through visual presentation of stock
- Keep the store in great shape and looking its best
- Keep stock clean and presentable at all times
Previous retail experience is preferred but not essential. What’s more important to us is that you’re passionate about working with our customers and enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
- A flexible team player, who is energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly personality
- Professional, responsible and well-presented
- Excellent time management skills
- Great communication skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
Functional Skills English and Maths up to Level 2 if not exempt.
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College.
15-18 month duration.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for ongoing employment within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.