Level 2/Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Phakeys Pharmacy
Phakeys Pharmacy is offering a reliable and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. The successful candidate will be assisting in the dispensing of medication; gaining key skills assisting customers on the counter.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
27 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity to work in a busy and fast paced pharmacy. You will gain skills pivotal to a successful career in pharmaceutical industry.
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions
- Making up blister packs
- Dispensing once trained
- Labelling of prescriptions
- Liaising with customers over the phone and face to face
- Duping and disposing of medicines
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2.
BTEC Level 2 in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff.
Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for ongoing employment within the company as a Pharmacy Assistant following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.