You will be working within a team, initially working on basic Greenkeeping duties and then being introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery. You will be involved in all areas of golf course maintenance and management. The work can be physically challenging, and a good level of fitness will be advantageous.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
27 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Golf course preparation
- A range of mowing
- Presenting and maintaining playing surfaces for golf
- Using and maintaining handheld / pedestrian / ride - on machinery
- Preparing and operating a tractor and attachments
- Renovating and repairing sports turf surfaces
- Preparing ground for grass / plants
- Establishing grass / plants
- Monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security
- Establishing working relationships
- Developing your personal performance
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Golf Greenkeeping Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English
- Weekly day release into Berkshire College of Agriculture (BCA)
- An assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will know when, how and why the range of maintenance operations are carried out. The career as a Golf Greenkeeper can take you wherever the game of golf is played. Working outdoors in a healthy environment and as new countries are embracing the sport and more golf courses are being built, there is no better time to consider joining this great profession.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.