Apprentice Gardener - Paradise Farm PARADISE FARM ESTATE LTD
Paradise Farm Estate Ltd is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join our team as an Apprentice Gardener. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a genuine interest in horticulture to start their career in a professional and supportive environment. Day-to-day gardening tasks including weeding, planting, pruning, plus much, much more.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
26 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the senior gardening team in day-to-day gardening tasks, including planting, weeding, pruning, and general maintenance of the gardens
- Learn and develop skills in landscaping, irrigation, and garden design under the guidance of experienced professionals
- Participate in ongoing training and education programs to enhance knowledge of plants, flowers, and gardening techniques
- Help maintain the gardening equipment and tools, ensuring they are in good working condition
- Contribute to the creation and upkeep of garden displays in line with the company's aesthetic goals
- Follow health and safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- 14 days college attendance to complete Horticulture Principles and Practice course
- 1 day college attendance to complete Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid course
- 2 days college attendance to complete Level 2 PA1 Pesticides course (theory)
- 2 days college attendance to complete L2 PA6 Pesticides course (practical)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid
- Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
- Level 2 Award in The Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Handheld Equipment
- Level 2 Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time employment after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 9/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
PARADISE FARM ESTATE LTD
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.