Manual/CNC Machine Operator/Setter Apprentice MMD Summerfield Ltd
Working in a well-established Engineering company based in Somercotes. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and keen individual to join our experienced and well-established team. Working on a variety of machinery, the successful apprentice would start their career working on various machining projects.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
Pay is age and experience dependant
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
01 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Operating/setting CNC and manual machines
- Producing components to technical drawing
- Working with overhead cranes to lift components
- Continue college qualification on day release
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be
expected to work towards the Machining technician Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
- EAL L3 Extended diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- EAL L3 Extended diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge) minimum 720GLH.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Machining) (Development Technical Knowledge)
- City and Guilds Machining technician (1273)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time job would be available after this subject to availability and performance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.