A pharmacy in Worcestershire are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. This apprenticeship will include dispensing and over counter training, and could progress to higher level qualifications such as Level 3 Pharmacy Technician.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
09 Nov 2023
25 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dispensing medicine (with ongoing training)
- General admin
- Dealing with over-the-counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and pharmacy-specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills (if required)
- Our own in-house training
- GPHC-approved qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full-time role for the right person
- Further potential for other training, such as Level 3 Pharmacy Assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
A D BYERS LIMITED
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.