At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer service. Duties will include storing goods, moving stock, plus much more.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2023
£15,000 salary Paid holiday entitlement Generous Pension Scheme Team incentives and outings Staff discount on Howdens products
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Nov 2023
25 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines
- Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy
- Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager
Warehouse Operatives work in a variety of warehouse environments.
Work activities include:
- Taking deliveries
- Checking for damaged/missing items
- Storing goods
- Moving stock by various methods
- Picking/packing orders
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Maintaining stock records and documentation, and cleaning
They are required to safely use a range of equipment, machinery and vehicles, as relevant to their role and setting. This could include mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or forklift trucks.
Warehouse Operatives communicate with a wide range of people and customers. They have a passion to meet customers’ expectations by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business. Individuals in this role are highly competent in using industry-recognised systems and associated services (e.g. Traffic/Warehouse Management Systems) and will be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Training provided by in house Learning & Development Team
Support from external training provider
- 15-month programme including minimum 12-month learning period plus end point assessment
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment and completing the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment with Howdens
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths 4 / C (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
STAFF SELECT LTD
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.