We are looking to employ an apprentice to contribute to the provision of an efficient and effective cemetery and grounds maintenance service. You will work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved, and quality standards are maintained.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
24 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key duties and responsibilities:
Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
- Provide an efficient and effective gardening, grave-digging and grounds-maintenance service to pre-determined standards and in accordance with work schedules
- Liaise with colleagues, councillors and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure that machinery, equipment and tools are used and operated in accordance with manufacturers' guidelines and any faults are reported
- Work collaboratively with team colleagues to ensure that work plans are achieved and quality standards are maintained
The duties and responsibilities within this role are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will gain a full Level 2 Horticulture Operative Standard.
Weekly college attendance is required at Kirkley Hall Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.