Digital Support Technician/Digital Applications Pathway Apprentice (Rolls-Royce SMR) ROLLS-ROYCE SMR LIMITED
Apply relevant digital technologies effectively to achieve objectives. Monitor and operate digital information and intelligence systems. Respond to user enquiries.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
Salary: Year 1 - £18,000 per annum Year 2 - £20,096 per annum
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
21 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Communicate effectively though digital channels.
- Learn through digital resources
- Work as a member of a team
- Maintain an awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies
- Development/Autonomy: working under general direction, using discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments, usually receiving clear instructions and having work reviewed at frequent milestones and determining when issues should be escalated to a higher level
- Influence: interacting with and influencing others, having working level contact with colleagues or customers, and may supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to others or to other phases of projects
- Business: contributing fully to the work of teams, planning, scheduling, and monitoring their own work within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Firebrand’s sector leading Level 3 Digital Support Technician (L3DST) apprenticeship programme trains apprentices to maximise the effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software and digital communications.
Apprentices help their business and internal users maximise the use of digital technologies, as well as adapt to and exploit changes in technology to meet business objectives, maximise productivity and master digital communications.
Firebrands course is delivered either online (online live instructor led), or face to face in the classroom environment (your choice). Our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Learning Mentors (LMs) and world-leading trainers prepare apprentices to work across multiple sectors.
Completion of this apprenticeship will provide learners with the following world class vendor certifications in addition to the Digital Support Technician apprenticeship:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials +
This programme covers:
- Configuration, maintenance, and repair of systems faults.
- Support for the roll-out of installation and commission of new systems or upgrades.
- Continual improvement, business Continuity, Resilience.
- Customer Service and support.
- Security and Legislation; Digital security.
- Data management.
- Digital Information Management Systems Operation.
- Business and decision-making skills.
- Digital technologies including collaborative tools, office suites, conferencing facilities and mass email tools.
- Survey tools.
- Social media tools for business.
- SMS, live chat, video chat, web conferencing.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade (A*-C/9-4 or equivalent)) Essential
About the employer
ROLLS-ROYCE SMR LIMITED
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
0113 3500 333
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.