Ford Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice - Oldham THE OLDHAM MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians to be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance & repair of light vehicles from servicing to electrical fault diagnostics. Using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to the ever-changing technological developments within industry.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
21 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
- Servicing - working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a service manager, master technician and dealership principles. The opportunities are endless
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
THE OLDHAM MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.