Business Administration Apprentice PRINCE REGENT STREET TRUST
Barley Fields Primary School are seeking a hardworking Level 3 Business Administration apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will support with telephone calls, school admin and much more. The role involves managing and using manual and computerised record/information systems bespoke for schools. Undertake typing and word-processing and complex IT-based tasks using a range of Microsoft packages.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
21 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Deal with complex reception issues/visitor matters etc
- To input personal information into school data management systems
- To input and help with financial accounts, documents etc
- To help with schools systems and attendance
- To communicate effectively with parents, visitors, staff etc
- Supporting the School Business Manager
- Manage and use manual and computerised record/information systems bespoke for schools
- Undertake typing and word-processing and complex IT-based tasks using a range of Microsoft packages
- Support with the organisation of school trips/events etc
- Provide admin and organisational support to other staff
- Provide admin and organisational support to the governing body
- Undertake admin of a range of complex procedures linked to admissions, procurement and daily organisation
- Operate relevant equipment/complex IT packages (including the use of excel)
- Monitor, distribute and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required
- Provide advice and guidance for staff, pupils and others
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the school
- Manage admin and organisation of facilities, including use of school premises
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to Child protection, H&S, confidentiality and data protection
- Attend and participate in regular meeting
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals
- Participate in training and other learning activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On and off the job training
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.