An opportunity arose with Sterling Chemist. You will be taking in and handing out prescriptions, dispensing and selling over-the-counter medicines. You will work towards a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (integrated) apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Sep 2023
20 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Receiving and ordering stock
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Advising patients about medications
- Undertaking final checks on the prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (integrated) Apprenticeship Standard
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- The successful candidate will be working in the community pharmacy close to their home and attending college one day a week
- The candidate will also be registered with the general Pharmaceutical Council Level 3 Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Can progress to working as a pharmacy technician in a hospital, community pharmacy, air force and pharmaceutical industries
- In a hospital setting, there are several grades for pharmacy technicians
- They can, for example, specialise in areas such as quality control, staff training, information technology, supplies procurement, clinical trials or medicines information services
- Other roles may include managing a section of the pharmacy department
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
INSPIRE MIDDLESEX COLLEGE LTD
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.