An Equine Apprenticeship is offered for an outstanding Equestrian Centre based in Durham, you will be assisted by our experienced team whilst carrying out tasks like: • Travelling to competitions. • Care of horses after exercise
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
17 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position will include:
· General yard duties i.e Mucking out, turning out/in.
· Assisting with a variety of competitions i.e British Dressage, British Showjumping.
· Assisting with a variety of clinics with a range of top class visiting instructors.
· Assisting with vet, farrier, dentists and physio.
· Preparing horses for competitions.
· Travelling to competitions.
· Care of horses after exercise
· Customer Care
· Working with the public
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Equine Groom Level 2 Standard
All training to take place at the employer's premises.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full time employment and/or progression to Level 3 Senior Equine Groom
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 or A*-D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
P D Q EQUESTRIAN LTD
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.