Practice Administration/Receptionist Apprentice Imperial Road Surgery
The role provides a point of contact for patients and to act as a focal point of communication between patients, GP's and other medical staff. If this role is for you, we would love to have you on our team. We can offer the right candidate a friendly, welcoming, working environment with the support of an experienced mentor.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Nov 2023
17 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Back-office admin duties
- Recalling patients from registers when required
- Providing cover on Reception
- General correspondence to all patients and service providers
- Data entry onto practice systems
- Provide general assistance to patients and other visitors whether in person or via the telephone
- Work with health care professionals using Signpost Navigation
- Deal with all requests in a confidential, safe and appropriate manner
- Adhere to GDPR
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be
expected to work towards the Business Administrator Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It would be hoped that either a position would be available at the practice or at the neighboring Medical Centre, although this cannot be guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.