Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Stepping Stones Montessori Nursery
Are you passionate about working with children and helping them develop their skills? We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join the team at Stepping Stones Montessori Nursery. As an apprentice, you will gain hands-on experience in a vibrant and supportive nursery environment
Closing date: 28 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Oct 2023
14 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be responsible for the safety and welfare of the children
- To promote the physical, intellectual, emotional, educational and social development of the children
- To ensure that there is a stimulating and varied programme of activities available to the children at all times
- To ensure that the children are offered a nutritious and varied diet, appropriate to their age and development
- To ensure that the children are kept clean, and encouraged to wash their hands, wipe their noses etc. The children must always be escorted to the toilet
- To notify the officer-in-charge or his/her deputy when each child is collected by their parent/carer
- To keep progress records and reports the children
- To develop and maintain a warm and supportive relationship with the parents, children and staff
- To ensure that all toys, equipment and materials are safe for the use of pre-school children, and in a good state of repair. Toys must be washed once a week
- To participate in planning activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the course of 15 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to complete Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship and become fully qualified
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Stepping Stones Montessori Nursery
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.