Haines Watts is a Top firm of chartered accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. They support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives their clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Their fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin our values.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
13 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The key duties of this role are as follows but will not be limited to:
· Work as part of a team, always portraying a professional image.
· Assists with ad-hoc work in the office as requested.
· Understands the objectives of the technical process, completes processes as designed and demonstrates competent use of relevant systems.
· Gains a good understanding of each client worked on.
· Agrees assignment objectives and roles with line manager (or the person responsible for the job)
· Achieves good passes with all professional and advanced examinations.
· Attends internal and external training courses as required, being participative and professional throughout, takes away and implements new knowledge.
· Takes ownership of own work
· Manages time well
· Communicates regularly and clearly regarding deadlines etc.
· Establishes a good level of rapport with the team and clients quickly and easily.
· Make efficient use of all relevant IT systems
· Takes time to understand the wider Haines Watts structure and services provided.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Assistant Accountant:
- One to one Tutor Assessor support in the workplace working towards Assistant Accountant Level 2 (AAT Level 2 qualification is included in this Standard)
- Attending weekly classes covering Health and Safety and Equality and diversity
- Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent prospects with the possibility to progress onto level 3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HW CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS
MCARTHUR DEAN TRAINING LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.